Reducing our environmental footprint is becoming more and more important as our world becomes more polluted, rainforests are cut down and chemicals seem to creep into every facet of our lives.
That is why composite decking has become so popular over the past few years, because this non-timber decking material helps us to reduce our eco footprint and help us to save our environment.
As Australians, we love the outdoors and we can spend hours every weekend building decks and patios, so we can spend time outdoors with our family and friends. So if you have been thinking of ways to be more environmentally friendly, here are 5 reasons why you should consider using composite decking.
What are the benefits of using composite decking?
- Composite decking is low maintenance. It does not need to be painted or oiled and can be easily kept clean with a high pressure washer.
- It is moisture proof and waterproof, so will not absorb water and warp or expand out of shape. This means that you can use composite decking in water prone areas, where timber would be problematical and would rot over time, due to long term water damage.
- There are many different colours and types of grains in composite decking, so you will easily find one that suits your design style and décor.
- Composite decking is resistant to damage by insects, bacteria and fungus, so you don’t have to worry about termite damage or other insect infestations.
- You also don’t have to worry about the long term effects of using chemically treated timbers in your home, with one of these toxic chemicals being arsenic. Timbers are treated with a cocktail of harsh chemicals to help resist insects and rotting, so composite decking does not need this form of protection.
- By using composite decking you are helping to reuse recycled plastics, such as shopping bags and preventing them from ending up landfills and in our waterways. This helps to prevent injury or death to our wildlife.
- With all of the bush fires that are so prevalent across Australia, it is good to know that composite decking is fire and flame resistant. This gives us peace of mind and helps to keep our loved ones safe from harm.
- Composite decks are also slip free and splinter free, helping to make our homes safer for everyone, particularly the elderly and young children.
So enjoy the benefits of composite decking with your family and help to save the planet at the same time.