Marrison Family Law has been practicing in Colorado Springs for over 25 years. When you consider that two out of five people who marry will divorce then divorce attorneys are never short of clients. If you are going through this awful scenario then surround yourself with the people who care for you and talk, not only will you get support and guidance you will get excellent advice and perhaps even recommendations of attorneys that may work well for you. After all you and your friends are similar, and it is likely that some of them will have been through this situation and come happily out of the other side.
Marriages tend to end due to several set reasons usually related to lack of communication, fighting, infidelity, money issues and so on. Sometimes it is lack of closeness, unrealistic expectations and sometimes abuse. When children are caught up in these battles the situation worsens, and someone needs to get out fast.
So, how do you find the best attorney for you well here are some top tips:
- Consult friends and family; they will know of people in your local area who they feel you would get along with through this difficult process.
- Work out what you want and deserve from the process, especially important if you have children together.
- Consult the local bar association for a list of names if you are struggling to find an attorney.
- Do the usual google search and get some names and recommendations and check reviews online just as you would when choosing any tradesman or supplier for goods.
- Don’t ignore the price tag, legal fees are high and the best firms much more costly; stick within your budget and try to get the best for your money.
- Look in the yellow pages or classified ads.
- Pop into some local firms that you will have seen whilst out shopping, this way you will get a personal feel as to whether you feel comfortable with this company.
- Insurance companies very often have great connections with law practices and they will help you decide which is a great one for you.
In other words, just do as you would do when choosing any provider. Check them out, find out what their past work was like, look for any good recommendations, speak to friends and family as divorce is a common phenomenon and they are likely to know friends who have mentioned someone or may even have a recommendation themselves. Most of all make sure that you are comfortable and happy with who you choose as you may need to share some of your most intimate issues with the people you choose, so you must find them approachable and trustworthy, luckily, they will be trustworthy due to the nature of their job. Finally make sure that they are affordable and that you are not overstretching your budget to get a first class company who you can not really afford, this is likely to cause more problems for you.