You may have come across sports models in your life every now and again from a famous fitness model agency line. The ones with lean muscle, low body fat content and a fit body. There are many things that go into becoming a fitness model, and it requires dedication and discipline. However, if you want to achieve this goal, it can be attained. Here’s how.
You may not realize it, but there is a lot of mental strength required in achieving an ideal body. You won’t achieve the results you want if your attitude is not that of commitment. Fitness models have an attitude of “I get to work out” instead of “I have to work out.” They do not look at going to the gym or getting fit as a job, but as an opportunity to improve their wellness. Your body and health, in the long run, will thank you later.
A famous saying in the fitness world is that your body is made in the kitchen. Working out is important, but what you put in your body is arguably more important. The same discipline that is required to do reps and sets and in the gym should carry over to your diet.
Here is the general key:
- Consistency is key in any fitness models diet and workout plan. After you tear apart the muscle fibers in your body, you will need meals that will be able to regulate the recovery process.
- Primarily, you want to focus on meals that contain lean protein, good fats and will provide you with sufficient energy. What you take in before your workout is important as well as what you take in after.
- Many female fitness models like to follow a regimen of eating proteins and vegetables on days of workouts to aid in the muscle recovery process. On days of cardio and rest, there are seldom any carbohydrates or fats.
- You also have to acknowledge your own personal needs and goals. If you are trying to gain weight, you will need to eat more frequently and include more carbohydrates and fats. You will want to stay away from those things if you want to lose the weight and eat less.
- Perhaps most importantly is making sure you stay hydrated. Water is something you can never go wrong with.
Follow this fitness model diet plan example, and you will have a fighting chance:
Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, eggs, fish
Low glycemic carbs: vegetables, sweet potatoes, oats, brown rice
High glycemic carbs (only post workout): white rice, fruits
Fats: avocado, olive oil, nuts, coconut oil, seeds
One of the golden rules of how to train like a fitness model is quality over quantity. It is much better to do reps with heavier weights at a shorter frequency than smaller weights with a longer frequency.
If you want to build muscle, you have to push your body to a certain limit so that the muscle can grow when you are finished. A general rule of thumb in terms of how many reps you should perform is enough where you feel the burn.
Typically, most fitness gurus do no less than 7 and no more than 13. The key is making sure you get enough to get a nice burn while not doing overworking yourself.
Working both sides of your body is also important. The bikini model world champion, Cristina Silva believes that it is important to keep things symmetrical by working one side of the body at a time to ensure that each side gets equal resistance.
It is also highly recommended that you adopt a full body workout training regimen to even out your body. Plan out your workouts throughout the week and plan to target a specific body. Adopting a routine can be difficult, but it can be done.
Typical week of a fitness model workout plan:
Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Pull
Day 3: Glutes
Day 4: Active Rest
Day 5: Push
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Rest
Supplementation is used in the scenario when the body does not get sufficient nutrients from their diets. Protein smoothies are commonly ingested by fitness models to adequately suffice. Whey protein, omega-3, and creatinine tend to be the most popular.